Hundred - Volume 13
The Empire of Yamato has four seasons.
Now it’s the middle of autumn.
In front of the orphanage in the mountainous region of Motomatsu district, the leaves of the colored trees are fluttering down a lot.
Those are being swiped by a silver-haired girl with a bamboo broom.
It’s the figure of Emilia Hermit who’s dressed in black skirt and white blouse.
– Well, this should do, right?
Tidying up the bamboo broom, she enters the institution.
Today is Sunday.
It’s a holiday.
The children were playing along with Kenzaki Ryūsei, the instructor of the fencing dōjō located a little away from the institution since the morning.
The sun is already near the top.
The lunch is around the corner.
Emilia had to prepare lunch by the time everyone came back.
It was a while ago that Lunaltia Base ran all-out.
Kizaki Ryōko, the institution head of the orphanage, fell ill.
Originally, Ryūsei was looking after the children instead of her, but that became the role of Emilia several months ago.
Everything was proposed by Emilia.
Several days after the end of the fight with Serivia.
Just before the members of Little Garden who had been on a business trip to the moon return to Earth.
Princess Luli and the members of the parliament of the Empire of Yamato will return to Earth in the same spaceship while Claire who just assumed as the president of the territory of Lunaltia was having a conference with them.
Kirigakure Yumina who came to the moon as a bodyguard of Princess Luli and the Slayers who belong to the branch of the Empire of Yamato of Warslan Company are also present.
– Well then, we look forward to your continuous support of Lunaltia Base in the future masuwa.
– Yes. With the pressure of these guys, we should manage somehow or another an approval of the parliament, even if it’s with a reconstruction budget or manpower.
When Princess Luli nodded and turned her eyes to the members of the parliament.
– … hmm? What is it?
What she heard coming were two sounds of footsteps.
Those weren’t walking but running.
While Yumina and the Slayers of Warslan showed precaution, what they heard is the voice of Erika.
– Wait, Emilia Hermit! When I thought that you finally came out of the room, you are doing troublesome things again!
– The other party of the conversation of Claire is Luli and the others, aren’t they? Then, there’s no problem. Rather, it’s just right in time!
Then Claire who heard the voice of Emilia sighed deeply, she covers her head with one hand.
Then the doors open, Emilia jumps into the room.
– Emilia… what are you… and that appearance…
Claire was amazed, looking at the appearance of Emilia.
Her beautiful silver hair is untidy and there are shadows under her eyes.
It’s a condition that you understand at a glance that she hasn’t slept well in the last few days.
Because she was in her room all day, she didn’t pay attention to her personal appearance——.
… no, it’s not that.
Pay attention? There’s no partner to whom she wants to meet being beautiful in person.
Claire understands well the reason why Emilia had fallen into such a condition.
There’s no doubt that even herself who’s the representative of Little Garden section within Lunaltia Base, the company president of Warslan Company and who’s also in the position of the president of Lunaltia Base Cooperative System would have been in a similar condition.
– I have something to say, prez.
Claire, who saw the serious look of Emilia who began to talk, takes a breath and decided to receive Emilia.
– … what on earth do you have to say masuno?
– Why don’t I take a temporary absence from school till Hayato comes back?
– … Emilia, what are you saying…!?
The one who raised a surprised voice wasn’t Claire but Princess Luli.
Erika and the others had also an expression of surprise.
Claire, on the other hand, didn’t agitate with that, and asked Emilia as she fixedly glared at her.
– What is the reason for that desuno?
– Well, this…
Emilia talks about the reason.
She was told from Hayato to take care of his little sister and the institution.
Now, Kizaki Ryōko went to bed with an illness.
– That’s why I’ll go to Yamato. That’s the conclusion I came up with over the past few days.
– Wait, Emilia. If she’s lacking people, then I can send people from the Imperial Household Agency.
At the same time as Emilia finished talking.
It was Princess Luli who recommended so.
– Kisaragi Hayato is a key figure who saved this world. The hero that our country brought forth. As the Princess of the Empire of Yamato, I feel that I want to do and grant his desire as much as I can.
– Thank you, Luli——but I still want to fulfill the wish of Hayato by myself after all. Because that’s the promise of Hayato with me.
– I see… Well, I thought you would say so, you know.
It seems it was the answer she expected.
Luli laughed as if being amazed.
– How about you, prez? Will you allow me to take a temporary absence from school?
Emile asks towards Claire who is thinking deeply and presses both elbows against the desk.
– It can’t be helped masenwane.
After a brief silence.
Claire replied while showing an amazed-like expression just as Luli.
– … rather than me saying it’s no good, if you return to the Earth, you intend to head to Yamato accompanying Princess Luli, don’t you?
Emilia answers, nodding with honesty.
. Naturally that’s my plan.
– If so, then do as you like desuwa. Instead, cooperate with Little Garden in case of emergency. And for that, don’t fail to contact Little Garden. Lastly, if the condition of Ryōko-san gets better, then you will come back——you promised it desuwayo.
– No, prez. You’re wrong.
– What do you mean desuno?
– When I return to Little Garden I’ll do it with Hayato.
– So that’s how it is…
Claire who heard the reply of Emilia spilled those words as if smiling with a puff.
– That would really be the best, don’t you agree?
And thus, it’s been three months since Emilia began to live in the orphanage in Motomatsu district.
Charlotte was mostly the contact of Little Garden side.
As the situation is confirmed on the 2nd and 4th Saturday of each month, a contact comes every two weeks.
But today is Sunday.
The contact from Charlotte was just last Saturday.
There should be another week or so for the next contact and, despite this,
– Do you have a minute, Emilia? There’s a call for you. It’s from Little Garden.
The lunch was being prepared at the kitchen adjacent to the living room, so Ryōko who’s sleeping in the bed of her own room called out to her like that.
– Eh, for me?
She noticed that the telephone of the institution had sounded earlier.
However, Emilia ends up being surprised because she wasn’t thinking that it was for her when judging from the situation.
In the first place, the calls from Charlotte always arrive to the PDA of Emilia.
It’s very unusual for a call to arrive at the institution.
(I forgot that I left it in the room)
Did she call to that one first?
… but, since she didn’t pick up, she had to even call the institution.
(Don’t tell me that it’s an attack of the Savages? Or maybe——)
While fear and expectations are mixed with each other, Emilia heads to the room of Ryōko.
– The call is from Charlotte, right?
At the same moment as she enters the room of Ryōko, Emilia asks.
Ryōko in pajamas and holding the cordless telephone answered.
– No, it’s not from her.
– If so, who is it from?
– It’s from president-san.
– … eh? Claire? Why would Claire call me…?
– I haven’t heard anything. Why don’t you ask her directly?
– Oh, right.
Emilia who received the cordless telephone from Ryōko gave a loud voice while bewildered.
– Err, Claire, right? I got the phone from Ryōko. What’s the meaning of this?
『Emilia Hermit——why didn’t you pick up, even though I called to your PDA so many times masenno?』
What came back from Claire is an amazed-like voice.
– I’m so sorry. I’m preparing food after I swept and cleaned outside. So I left the PDA in the room…
『Good grief…. Didn’t you promise that you would carry the Hundred and the PDA all the time in case something happened?』
– Other than that, why are you calling for? Why did I get a call from Claire?
『Unbelievable, you’re trying to change the conversation. But, whatever desuwa. I called because it’s an important conversation desu』
– An important conversation?
『… yes, exactly…』
The voice of Claire that said so sounds a bit discontented, and because of that Emilia ends up putting herself on guard with the following words.
– … and what would that be?
『It’s about Kisaragi Hayato』
– Eh, Hayato!? Was Hayato found!?
Emilia raised a loud voice spontaneously.
Becoming aware of herself, Emilia immediately turns her eyes to Ryōko.
– ——ah, I’m sorry, Ryōko-san. For raising a loud voice so suddenly.
– It’s fine. It’s about Hayato-kun anyways. Just keep talking.
– Thank you, Ryōko-san.
『Can I continue, Emilia Hermit desuno?』
– Ah, yes. Continue.
『… Alright then…』
Clearing her throat with an *ahem*, Claire continued speaking.
『Actually, the other day the energy reaction of Liza was caught in outer space. We confirmed that an UFO similar to a spaceship is in that place. As a result of repeated attempts to communicate with it, we were able to establish communication desu』
– Does that mean that Hayato was found!?
*turning happy*, flowers bloomed on the facial expression of Emilia.
– … so, when will Hayato return to the Earth? Is he coming back!?
『Well, actually a moment ago a message arrived saying that he arrived on Earth safely』
– … eh?
『Moreover, the place is near Motomatsu Base of the Empire of Yamato——and the institution where you are now nanodesu』
『Therefore Kisaragi Hayato is heading to the institution where you are this very moment masu』
– What do you mean with that? Or rather, you were able to get in touch with him, no? Why didn’t you say nothing to me till now——
『I am also troubled that you ask me that masuwayo. If you ask Kisaragi Hayato directly——』
When Claire said so, *ding dong*, the chime of the entrance sounded.
The entire body of Emilia shivered with delight.
– I’ll talk with you later again, prez!
『Wait, Emilia Hermit! The conversation isn’t over ye——』
Stopping the conversation with Claire, Emilia handed the cordless telephone to Ryōko.
– Ryōko-san! I’ll go to meet Hayato!
– Yeah, go.
Emilia rushed out of the room after hearing such reply of Ryōko.
(Hayato! Hayato! Hayato! Hayato! Hayato!)
Emilia who finally arrived at the entrance while shouting his name many times in her mind couldn’t suppress her feelings.
Emilia jumped, raising a loud voice when she supposed that Hayato was standing on the other side of the door.
However, it’s not Hayato who was standing there——.
– … eh?
It was an elementary school girl who has a fluffy blond hair, white skin and very bad eyes that she never saw before.
– It’s not… Hayato…?
– … that’s right. Who are you?
Speaking of the garment of the girl who said so as if being amazed and with a fed-up expression, it’s like a white robe with long sleeves where top and bottom became a sequence*.
– Then, Hayato is…
Emilia creeps her gaze on the surroundings as she clung to the girl.
What came first to her field of vision is a woman in clothes similar to a white robe.
It’s the figure of a tall woman who has a fluffy blonde hair.
And next to her, a girl with blonde hair was standing.
She’s a girl that Emilia also knows——.
She’s the little sister of Claire Harvey, Liza Harvey.
She, like the other two women, was wearing a similar white robe.
And then the next she saw was a young man wearing a similar white robe again.
Tears emerge in the eyes of Emilia as his appearance comes into view.
She does a jump at him to cling to Hayato properly this time.
Emilia pushed his body down and kissed him.
– Hayato…! Hayato…!
It’s like she’s filling the loneliness of the time they were apart.
It’s like conveying that feeling.
It’s a passionate kiss.
– Hayato, you really came back! I’m happy, Hayato! Hayato!
– H-hey, Emilia! It hurts, Besides, there are other people looking at us as well!
Hayato said towards Emilia who’s tightly hugging his body many times.
It’s there that Emilia noticed.
– Other people? ——Ah, I see…
Standing up. Emilia separated from Hayato and looked at the two women——there’s a short elementary school girl standing there with disgusted eyes and a glamorous woman with an atmosphere somewhat similar to Serivia.
Next, while glaring at Hayato who just stood up, she presses for an answer.
– Say, Hayato. There’re lot of things that I want to talk and hear about but, before that, there’s one thing first——
– W-what is it…?
– Who are these girls, huh?