Hundred - Volume 12
– There’s nothing that can be done by me, huh…
In the Student Council Room, Liddy Steinberg wasn’t having a relaxed time.
She was walking around the room without being able to sit.
The time in Little Garden is 23:00.
Around 2 hours have already passed since the incident that occurred at Lunaltia Base.
It goes without saying that Liddy knew that Judal was attacked at the ceremony venue and that Pope Serivia Notre Dame Paulo III was raising violence.
However, there’s almost nothing that can be done in the present condition by Liddy who’s on the Earth.
The only thing she can do is to show appreciation and encourage the students of the intelligence department who are doing their best together with Mei Mei, Chris and the others who are at Lunaltia Base.
(… what is the situation like now?)
If there’s a big change, she was told that she would get contacted by Charlotte, but nothing has happened in the last 30 minutes or so.
(Is the situation in a stalemate, I wonder?)
She’s worried about it, but it would be bad to obstruct Charlotte to ask her about the situation in detail.
(Even if I just stay here, I won’t calm down. But what If I move to the briefing room?)
That’s the place where the students of the intelligence department are stationed.
She thought that she would be able to get information there rather than in the Student Council Room, and when she tried to leave the room,
All of a sudden, the notebook placed on the office desk made a loud sound.
It’s an emergency call.
Moving rapidly to the front of the desk to confirm it, she recognized that it was from Dr. Charlotte. Liddy replies immediately.
『What happened, Dr. Charlotte?』
『… that reaction tells me that you haven’t noticed it yet. Take a look at this——』
What was displayed on the monitor together with the words of Charlotte was the image of the universe that was far beyond the skies of Little Garden——and far beyond the atmosphere.
Liddy opens her eyes wide in surprise and mutters in blank amazement.
『What is, this…?』
What was there was a large《space-time fissure》, she has never been seen this before.
A little before Liddy witnessed the《space-time fissure》.
In the courtyard of Little Garden.
– There’s nothing to do. Nothing at all.
The one who was grumbling so with her upper body thrown on the circular table in front of her is Aila Esrvady who belongs to the first year of the Martial Arts Department of Little Garden. Sitting in front of her, and who also belongs to the first year of the Martial Arts Department of Little Garden is Isurugi Ryuuto.
The two of them boast the merit of being the number one and number two among the first-years who enrolled in Little Garden Martial Arts Department this year and they were immediately nominated to Selections by the President Liddy.
The reason was that the more Slayers are gathered on the moon, the less of them are on the Earth——and because of that, they wanted to quickly train Slayers so they can fight the Savages.
This duo has already experienced actual fighting with the Savages and are steadily increasing their true strength.
Such duo is staying in the campus at midnight like this because something might happen on the Earth due to the problems that occurred at Lunaltia Base, and because the members of Selections were ordered to standby within the school.
But since that order, there hasn’t been contact from the Student Council.
While sliding his fingers on the Tablet PC he placed on the table, Ryuuto muttered.
– … what is happening on the moon, I wonder…? There’s a rumor that says that the company president Judal was apparently attacked by Elena Skalnicore, she’s one of the Slayers that participated in the Rasiya team at the World Martial Arts Tournament, however…
Ryuuto is looking over an anonymous bulletin board on the cybernet.
The place he eventually reached is only a news site but it is said that the regulations are severely not well understood.
The relay of the ceremony had ended immediately after Judal was stabbed.
With that much, it’s natural that the world is in chaos.
What on earth is going on? With a mixture of good and bad regarding the bulletin board.
There’s a lot of information gathered, be it lie or truth.
– For some reason, there are posts where Elena-san was going out with Cezary Gravin, the leader of Rasiya team who suffered a violent death due to a mysterious terrorist attack last year, and others where even the company president Judal is the one who murdered him, ordering that terrorist attack. But, is this true? Besides, and for an instant a moment ago, the dazzling light that was fired and made Little Garden shook, was an attack of the satellite weapons that are in the space, or something like that…. And apart from Little Garden, there are other places that were attacked, and it’s rumored that the Holy Church is the one who did it…
– … enough! Those stories are irrelevant to me!!
Aila, who stood up with an irritated look, declared so, turning her index finger towards Ryuuto.
– The things such as writings that are in bulletin boards and the like are mostly false rumors! Besides, the company president Judal and the like are irrelevant to me! But if that woman called Elena caused harm to Claire-sama, the story would be different! I would go there myself and engrave punishment on the body of that woman called Elena!
– Well, irrelevant, you say…
Though not quite satisfactorily, he’s the company president of Warslan Company which manages Little Garden.
His life and death doesn’t necessarily affect them from now on.
(Moreover, “engraving punishment on her body”…)
He doesn’t get it well, but he’s more than frightened.
Even though he has talked a lot of things like this with Aila, he’s trying to not be deeply affected by it. He doesn’t know what to do if he steps on a land mine.
Right, Ryuuto thought in his mind.
– … hey, Aila-san, where are you going?
When he noticed it, Aila turns her back on Ryuuto and began to walk towards the school building.
– Where? You don’t ask such things to a maiden!
Turning back, Aila shouted, turning her face bright red.
Looking at that figure, Ryuuto seems to be able to guess where Aila tried to go.
His face also dyes red, then says words of apology, swinging to the left and right both hands in front of his face.
– Err, this… I am sorry… eh… what is it?
He asked so because AIla stands upright, she was fixedly staring at the empty space.
– ——look over there.
– Over there…?
Turning his face towards the same direction as Aila, he confirms what is reflected in his eyes.
Looking at the big fissure in the sky there, Ryuuto stared in wonder.
– What is that…?
Immediately after he muttered so.
From the PDA of Ryuuto and Aila, a loud emergency call reverberated at the same time.
It’s from Liddy Steinberg, the current Student Council President of Little Garden.
Looking at each other’s face, they press the reception button at the same time, arranging their voices.
– President Liddy, the sky is particularly terrible!
– President Liddy, the sky has become unusually dreadful!
『Naturally, I comprehend that』
– That was the answer from Liddy. She continues her words.
『There is a gigantic space-time fissure springing forth in outer space. Several hundreds of Savages have appeared from there. 6 hours remaining till they approach the Earth——』
Aila and Ryuuto swallowed saliva all together listening to those words.
『Regarding their final number, the prediction says that it may get approximately to a thousand. Get ready to sortie at once. Understood?』
Ryuuto and Aila, those two, replied all together then started to move to change to their Variable Suits.